International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is recruiting for fulltime Administrative Assistant 1.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant 1
- The Logistician Assistant contributes to all administrative activates necessary to support the execution of logistic support to all ICRC activities.
- Under the supervision of the LCM, He/She will act as the main focal point for the creation and follow-up of HR, administrative files, in line with ICRC logistics procedures.
- While performing his/her main duties, the Logistician assistant will contribute to the update of files and communication with in the delegation in Abuja as well as other Logistics Units at Sub-delegations offices etc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Participation in internal files planning (HR, administrative and organizational files for the department, etc.)
- Support the communication flow together with the LCM/D-LCM.
- Back up the LCM/D-LCM in his/her ensuring a smooth communication and the timely action in regards to reception of feedback, materials and reports.
- Assist the LCM/D-LCM with minute of meeting, order management.
- Back up the LCM/D-LCM in his/her coordination with the departments.
- Updates and retrieves data in/from specialized tools and databases.
- Creates and maintains paper or electronic files up-to-date.
- Follow-up on specific processes.
- Applies information-management instructions and ensures compliance with procedures.
- May be called upon to manage petty cash of up to the equivalent of CHF 3’000 per month as per ICRC accounting/safety procedures.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
Min Required Experience:
Education and Experience required
- Secretary Diploma or equivalent
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Computer literate: Good command on Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.)
- Confident using internet web applications etc.
- Punctual, meticulous and structured.
- Knowledge of Hausa and/or Fulani is an asset.
Desired profile and skills:
- Attention to details, meticulous
- Confidential / Trustworthy
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria and/or outside Nigeria when required
Application Closing Date
16:30hrs, 15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Log Admin Assistant ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Click Here to Apply Now
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
About International Committee Of The Red Cross (icrc)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian institution based in Geneva, Switzerland and a three-time Nobel Prize Laureate. State parties (signatories) to the four Geneva Con…Know More about International Committee Of The Red Cross (icrc)
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
1 Position – Not Specified
4 Positions – 5 Locations
➝ View More Companies Recruiting