INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
Intersos, established in 1992, is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Worker Team Leader
Location: Monguno/Kukawa LGA, Borno
Reporting to: Protection Officer
- The Case Worker Team Leader is responsible for supervising and managing a team of Case Workers, ensuring that principles of case management are respected and that quality services are guaranteed to persons with protection concerns.
- Support and coach Case Workers throughout the case management process and directly handle complex vulnerable cases as needed.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the planning, implementation and reporting of the activities, as well as ensuring the well-being and positive working environment for all members of the team. Support positive team dynamics providing support and space for caseworkers to express emotions and experiences within the case management team
- Meet regularly with Protection Officer to discuss about ongoing issues and strategy for the team
- Supervise, support and coach Case Workers in their duties using various methods such as observation, shadowing, case file checks and bilateral case discussions and support the team in finding solutions and appropriate responses to daily challenges.
- Act as referral focal point for INTERSOS protection case management in Monguno and Kukawa distribute the cases between the Case Workers according to the level of experience and complexity of case.
- Ensure adherence of Case Workers to protection principles, Code of Conducts and internal SoPs. Conduct regular case audits to ensure that cases meet and maintain compliance with established SoPs and minimum standards in case management.
- Monitor timescales for response, decision-making and follow-up through internal case management platform and according to priority of case ensuring timely and appropriate support.
- Supervise the accuracy of the cases documentation through regular review of files and case management platform and provide feedback to Case Workers. Overview the proper filing and archiving of case management files to maintain data confidentiality
- Review regularly staffs caseloads to ensure the quality of the case management and the respect of the minimum standards and discuss single cases and challenges as required.
- Identify staff gaps and training needs and inform the Protection Officer for the actions needed
- Respect key protection principles including but not limited to: do no harm, non- discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles
- Contribute to regular service mapping and update of service directory
- Ensure good relationships and coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention for the identification of specific needs in order to provide prompt referral, follow up and information sharing
- Record and maintain database of GBV cases (GBVIMS-IR) and Protection concern (Excel) and provide month report to Protection Officer.
- Conduct, Coordinate and supervise protection training/activities that are conducted in the community centers and communities;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor, Project Managers and Protection Coordinator.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in a related field e.g. Social Work,
- 2 years of relevant work experience including 1 year in a supervisory role
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
- Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa;
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
Application Closing Date
12:00noon; 13th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (in PDF format) to: email@example.com and indicate as the subject, the position for which they apply (example: “Case Worker Team Leader”). Please send your CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org