- A holder of MLS in Library Science not below a Deputy Librarian with 15 years cognate work experience, good Bachelor Degree in Library Science plus relevant post graduate Diploma with 16 years cognate work experince or a substantive Chief Librarian with 14 years cognate working experience.
- In either case, the candidate shall have at least 9 years working experience in Tertiary Institutions of higher learning accredited by NBTE, NCC or NUC.
- He/She must possesses registration with recognize professional body, demonstrative ability to offer academic administrative leadership, evidence of publication and community service.
Condition of Appointment
- The appointment for an initial period of 4 years, and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another and final 4 years.
- Salary of the College Librarian is CONTISS 15/9 plus 20% responsible allowance, other benefit as contained in the condition of service:
- An official car,
- A soft furnish accommodation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should foward 15 copies of their Applications, including Photocopies of their Certificates with detailed Curriculum Vitae to the “Ag. Registrar and Secretary to the Council of the College”, using the address below:
The Ag. Registrar, Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology,
P.M.B Km 35, Off Zaria-Kano Express Way Makarfi,
Candidates are required to produce the originals of their Certificate and other Credentials during the Interview. The Application should be submitted in sealed envelope labeled “Application for the Post of College Librarian, Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology, P.M.B Km 35, Off Zaria-Kano Express Way Makarfi, Kaduna State, Nigeria.
Candidates should also request their referees to send confidential report on them in sealed envelope labeled “Confidential Report” To the above address.