INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
Intersos, established in 1992, is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Engineer
Location: Maiduguri- Roving field locations (Damasak, Banki, Monguno, Ngala)
Reports to Logistic Coordinator
- Main purpose of the job is to provide support and oversight constructions and rehabilitation works
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise and lead all construction and rehabilitation related activities at mission level;
- Prepare BoQ and all procurement related documentations
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Allocate and train the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the Logistic Coordinator
- Control the quality/quantity of the materials arriving in the construction sites
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and INTERSOS standards and policies
- Control the quality of the implementation
- Manage the supply of worksite materials
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration for necessary arrangement in case of new construction
- Support site preparation and planning
- Take part to the Shelter Technical Working Group, when necessary
- Support logistics activities in the field locations based on the needs
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree in Construction or related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in humanitarian work
- Minimum 3 year of experience in Construction
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimum supervision
- Excellent command of English and local language oral and written
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, powerpoint presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
Application Closing Date
12:00noon; 13th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (in PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate as the subject, the position for which they apply (example: “Construction Engineer”). Please send your CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to email@example.com