The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director of Programs – Maternity Cover
Requisition ID: req7112
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
- The Deputy Director of Programs (DDP) is a member of the senior management team (SMT) (along with the Deputy Director of Operations (DDO), Deputy Director of Field Management (DDFM) and Financial Controller (FC)).
- She/he is responsible for leading and managing the program/sector, grant management and M&E teams in the Country Program. The DDP is expected to contribute to high levels of teamwork and inter-departmental and cross-sectoral collaboration.
- Through her/his leadership the IRC Nigeria country program will develop and implement high quality programs based on the principles of results, data-driven analysis, problem identification and problem solving.
- The DDP will also be the focal point for strategy development, review and monitoring. The position is based in Abuja with frequent travel to all field locations.
Ethics, Integrity and Safeguarding:
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Way (code of conduct) and other Global HR Policies and Procedures, and communicate through word and example a high standard of compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Ensure that programs are designed in ensure integrity and safeguarding are central to all interactions with clients.
- Contribute to the highest possible standard of security management through SMT level security and risk analysis and planning and the integration of security principles in program design and implementation, grant management and M&E.
Management and Strategy:
- Actively contribute to and participate in management and leadership platforms such as the senior management team, the country leadership team and the country management team.
- Be a champion and focal point for the development, periodic review and implementation of the Nigeria Strategic Action Plan and ensure quality and meaningful participation of programs, grants and M&E teams in strategy and research related activities and initiatives.
Program Design and Implementation:
- Ensure the highest level of quality in program design through robust and in-depth context analysis, development of theories of change and sector level strategies.
- Through rigorous M&E processes and results-based management ensure periodic and systematic learning is informing program design and adaptation.
- In partnership with the DDFM ensure efficient and effective delivery of program commitments through overseeing the development and implementation of tools such as procurements plans, budget versus actual reports, work plans etc.
- Oversee appropriate technical assistance for all sectors ensuring that programs are reaching a high quality through use of best practice, evidence base and up-to-the-minute learning.
Business Development and Grant Management:
- In conjunction with SMT colleagues, lead the development, implementation and review of IRC’s country program business development strategy to ensure that individual sector programs, overall strategy and operations are adequately funded.
- Lead the grant management team to ensure IRC Nigeria are meeting all institutional donor and internal reporting and compliance requirement.
Representation, advocacy and Communication:
- In conjunction with the CD and DDFM, ensure that the IRC is effectively represented in relevant coordination fora and networks and with relevant stakeholders.
- This representation should aim to bring to bear IRC’s learning and experience to improve the overall humanitarian and development response in Nigeria.
- Drive an advocacy strategy that advances the strategic aims of the country program.
- Ensure that the IRC has an appropriate range of communication products to highlight the work of the country program to various audiences.
Human Resources Management:
- Provide leadership to the human resources and administration team and ensuring the application of best practices and adherence to national and state level NGO and other relevant compliance regulations. Ensure proper functioning of the HR department and necessary support to all sectors and teams.
- Oversee the development/review of HR policies, guidelines and processes.
- Ensure recruitment, staff planning, training needs assessments and plans are carried out to meet the needs of all departments. Oversee the administration functions especially as they relate to rental agreements, visas and registration.
Min Required Experience:
- At least seven years of international experience with two years of experience in the management of emergency, post-conflict and development programs.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in program design and delivery, including proposal development
- Proven capacity in staff management, multi-tasking, time management and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be an innovative and creative problem solver, and a team player, with experience working with multi-cultural teams.
- Fluent in English
- This position is fully accompanied based in Abuja and accommodation will be in individual house.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing and power to people devastated by conflict an…Know More about International Rescue Committee (irc)