MainOne Cable Company Limited is recruiting for fulltime Head, Transmission Planning.
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Transmission Planning
Job Type: Permanent
- Head, Transmission Planning will be responsible for Transmission Network design, engineering, network expansion to meet growth and business requirements and conforming to ITU-T standards and meeting the policies and regulations of Telecom Regulators.
- The scope will cover the whole of Main One network in Nigeria, Ghana, Portugal and UK.
Other Job Functions include:
- Evolve network in line with business objectives.
- Ensure CAPEX spent is optimized to meet business requirements.
- Ensure compliance to the policies and regulations of Telecom Regulators.
- Ensure operational delivery of not less than 99.95% for 100% of core network.
- Engineer core network infrastructure for 100% uptime with redundancy/ failover.
- Ensure efficient allocation of circuit and equipment resources and efficient routing.
- Planning and implementation of new PoPs to meet the business expansion requirements.
- Provide timely Transmission network resources for meeting the IP/ NGN network requirements.
- Optimize sparing policy and ensure vendor support (including finalizing vendor contracts) to minimize MTTR.
- Ensure the requisite planning and engineering documentation to ensure quality implementation and effective operations.
- Efficient and timely initiation of vendor selection for network expansion and for deployment of new products and solutions.
- Ensure Microwave link design conforming to NCC approved frequency channels and bands as well as the prescribed availability and reliability criteria.
- Ensure timely and cost effective capacity design and planning of transmission network for capacity growth (DWDM, SDH, Microwave, Metro Ethernet/Packet & GPON), for core and access networks.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Engineering.
- Minimum of 12 years work experience in Planning, Implementation, Operation and Maintenance of Optical & Microwave Transmission networks.
- A broad operational experience of network planning, engineering, implementation and operations & maintenance in the above mentioned fields.
- A strong working knowledge of microwave transmission, DWDM/ SDH/ PDH/ IP networks and related protocols.
- Successful project management experience leading a team of minimum 5 engineers.
- Deep understanding of SLA requirements to ensure quality of service to customers.
- Exposure to network management systems.
- Ability to interpret topography and network design maps.
- Exposure to Submarine optic fiber cable systems will be desirable.
Demand on the Job:
- Excellent listening, and communication skills.
- Research & writing skills.
- Leadership & team management skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving ability.
- Result oriented, strong commitment to provide high quality service to internal and external customers.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Apply on External Site
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Mainone Cable Company Limited
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our cust…Know More about Mainone Cable Company Limited
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
4 Positions – Not Specified
➝ View More Companies Recruiting