Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is recruiting for contract Logistics Supervisor.
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Report to: Logistics Manager Desk Nigeria
Report to (functional): Logistics Manager Desk Nigeria
Contract Duration: 6 months (with possibility of renewable).
- He/she shall be responsible for assisting in the running of all components of Logistic & Supply at the Desk level under the direct supervision of Desk Logistic Manager.
- He/she will ensure logistic support on daily basis required for global Desk activities related to supplies, fleet management & other related needs
- Provide also assistance for specific requests submitted by logistics coordination and authorized by the Desk logistics manager.
- He/she will entertain & process all the procurement & stock request coming from different departments at Desk level. And ensure all procurement documentation as per ALIMA Standards & Proper archiving is done for each request. Same for timely payment of all suppliers/vendors and service providers with correct documentation as per ALIMA financial and procurement standards.
- He/she will ensure proper stock management under standard procedures of all consumables for office and guest house needs to avoid out stock situations of different supplies.
- He/she will be responsible for handling of all Cargo & Supplies coming at international level, received locally from the suppliers or from/to the field, review all the waybills, packing list and delivery notes.
- He/she monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures and equipment (specifically ALIMA assets) and ensure adequate traceability of all actions.
- He/she will assist Desk Logistic manager in ALIMA property management by ensuring assets checklist is regularly updated & tagged for Abuja office and guest house. Assume an adequate management of goods according to standards of the organization.
- He/she will assist Desk logistics manager in security management in all ALIMA premises in Abuja by strictly implementing ALIMA access control policy, by supervising watchman in the performance of their jobs on daily basis. A weekly report on this security issue and movements should be submitted in time.
- According to organogram, he/she will supervise all the staff under his responsibility according to ALIMA HR policy including setting up their objectives, performance evaluations, leave management and technically supporting them in their job.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers (outsource) engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintenance works to ensure the completion of repair, maintenance & Installation in accordance with service agreement or contract.
- He/she is responsible for identifying the maintenance works needed in different ALIMA premises, and liaise with his manager for necessary actions to complete required work in timely manners.
- He/she will be responsible for refuelling of all generators, keep all records (log sheet, stock report).
- He/she will prepare monthly fuel reports for generator and movements records grids for payment of rental vehicles uses.
- He/she responsible to make a monthly roaster for all watchman and arranging watchman back up in case of leave, sickness or other matters.
- He/she need to assume weekly or bi-monthly meetings with drivers and watchmen, produce brief record of them. Useful information to be insert in the monthly report.
- He/she will participate to monthly report by providing all useful data and information.
- He/she to undertake any other duties, relevant to his/her skills, which may from time to time be deemed necessary.
Min Required Experience:
- Graduate of Business Administrations, Logistics or related field.
- Past experience in a similar role for 3 years including at least one with INGO/NGO. Multi-sectoral logistics skills will be strongly considered.
- Good English language skill (Reading, Writing & Speaking). Native and/or French are assets
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel (database))
Aptitudes & Competencies:
- Capacity to work under stress, flexible, good team player, high level of integrity & honesty, patient and strong communication skills.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other functions can be required according to needs.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description is not intended to be all inclusive and so can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters, CV and qualifications with contact details to:
Hard copies can also be submitted at ALIMA’s Abuja Office at:
Plot 412A, C-close,
Off 1st Avenue,
- ALIMA is an equal opportunity employer. “Women are strongly encouraged to apply.”
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Click Here to Apply Now
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to email@example.com
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
2 Positions – Not Specified
➝ View More Companies Recruiting