Fabfeet Nigeria is recruiting for fulltime Professional Shoe Maker And Designer.
Fabfeet is a premium shoe brand that was set up in 2009 with the intention of changing the status quo in the Nigerian shoe industry by producing quality, durable and classy shoes for the stylish woman.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Professional Shoe Maker and Designer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Makes indigenous palms, cooperate and casual shoes for both sexes with fine fabrics and leather, using hand and machine tools: Makes patterns, using form of foot and pattern paper, and outlines patterns on leather.
- Cuts out parts with shears and knife, and sews them together on machine to form uppers.
- Marks eyelets, punches them out, and inserts metal rings and clinches them on machines
- Assembles last and attaches it to stand.
- Tacks insole on last and draws upper over last, tacking it in place.
- Trims upper with knife and sews on welt.
- Attaches outer sole to lasted upper by sewing it on or by roughening surface of sole with rasp and wire brush, coating it with cement and hammering it.
- Tacks on rand, leather lifts to build heel base, and heel.
- Trims and buffs edges of sole and heel, using knife and buffing wheel.
- Brushes dressing dye on shoe and polishes it
- May roughen outsole and cement rubber or fiber sole to it.
- design and make women’s fashion or custom shoes of materials, such as leather, fabric, and straw and be designated Custom-Shoe Designer And Maker.
- Working with other designers on styles and trends
- Making rough design drawings by hand or using a computer
- Researching ideas at fashion shows and events
- Making sample shoes to present their ideas
- Conducting quality checks and overseeing production.
- Liaising with high-end fashion designers to interpret catwalk styles and trends
- Making rough design drawings by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD) programs
- Experimenting with colours and fabrics to make footwear that complements an entire fashion ‘look’
- Presenting design ideas, usually by creating a model of a shoe and its key features
Min Required Experience:
- A creative eye and a flair for colour, texture and patterns
- Knowledge of foot anatomy
- Good drawing ability and CAD skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in fashion, design and textiles.
- Proof of experience as a professional shoe maker
- Proof of experience as a professional designer .
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Click Here to Apply Now
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting