The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Internal Audit Manager
Job ID: 13-10637
Group/Office: FAO (Finance, Admin, and Operations)
Dept/Unit: FAOFNC – FAO Finance & Accounting
Project/Program: A000 – None Specified
Reports To: The Director of Internal Audit
- Management Sciences for Health (MSH) conducts healthcare development projects for US government donors, other public donors and private sector organizations in nearly 40 countries.
- The Regional Internal Audit Manager is responsible to plan, conduct, and report results of internal audits, investigations, reviews of internal controls and compliance, and spot-checks in MSH projects and offices for a global healthcare development organization (MSH).
- The position is responsible for the supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring of field based internal/compliance officers.
- The position requires to work with MSH staff globally in the field offices in audits, investigations, spot-checks, and advisory/consulting capacities; and requires a high degree of integrity, autonomy, and trust.
- The scope of internal audits to be performed include:
- Financial and performance audits
- Internal investigations
- Testing internal controls
- Testing compliance with contracts, grants, agreements, laws, regulations and MSH policies and procedures
- Determining whether financial transactions have been accurately recorded in accounting records, and
- Performing procedures to detect possible fraudulent acts.
- All Internal Audits are to be conducted in compliance with MSH’s Internal Audit Practices & Procedures, and the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (ISPPIA); and the majority of audits to be conducted are in MSH field offices.
- The Regional Internal Audit Manager closely coordinates and collaborates with the Regional Finance & Operations Director and team to conduct further audits, investigations, review controls and processes; and submit reports to Management.
- The position performs support and supervisory functions to the Compliance Officers on MSH projects; and is responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual summary reports for review and submission by the Director of Internal Audit to the Audit Committee and MSH Leadership Team. Position is also responsible to review and prepare updates of internal audit programs and processes, including but not limited to the design and implementation of various tools to conduct internal audits, investigation, compliance reviews and spot-checks.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent education. MBA degree preferred.
- Certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience, seven of them in a senior auditor capacity.
- Experienced with U.S government funding rules, regulations, Cooperative Agreements, Contracts, preferably USAID.
- Excellent English and French language skills, written and verbal, required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Experienced traveler and working in developing countries.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work well and be respectful of various cultures and office environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives.
- Investigation planning, execution and documentation. Clear, concise and complete report writing ability in English and French.
- Travel requirements: Extensive travel is required. Must have the ability to travel no less than 40% of the work year.
- Ability to carry laptops and IT accessories needed for the job.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here