OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 1,000,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal is to be a digital bank in 3 countries and have secured a banking license in Nigeria already.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Department: Engineering-Software Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Your core responsibility will be to deliver highly available & scalable web applications that will help the company achieve its short & long-term role.
- As a full-stack engineer, you will be responsible for building scalable services that power our entire application suites with cutting-edge server-side technologies.
Your job will generally involve the following:
- Design, implement and support our platform to help the company drive its goals.
- Actively work on creating a learning organisation through agile documentation, operational run-books & guides
- Debugging and Improvement of existing systems.
- Improving the quality of our unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Interact with product owners, partners and business stakeholders to understand and develop requirements
- Lead small teams of engineers. Help drive agile project planning process
- Mentor junior engineers and help develop best practices
Min Required Experience:
The ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Must have been building robust, maintainable, scalable web-based applications for at least 5 years.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team.
- Good working knowledge of Relational Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle) and/or NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field
The following are optional but will enhance your chances of being considered:
- Understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts
- Knowledge of GIT
- Knowledge of micro services (or SOA), Docker, and/or distributed systems.
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing skills.
- Ability to work in the Linux environment.
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with managing and deploying applications on AWS.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here