International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is recruiting for fulltime Social Media Manager.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Using accepted best practices, develops digital strategies, leading on content execution and engagement with priority audiences.
- Design and implement social media strategy that supports the delegation’s operational priorities and public communication objectives.
- Monitor Search Engine Optimization and web traffic metrics
- Promotes innovative digital products and keeps abreast of latest trends on digital content.
- Creates, edits, repurposes and publishes a wide variety of engaging content for digital channels, using audiovisual products (videos, photos, etc.); provides the archives with appropriate versions of these digital materials for reuse.
- Ensures the accurate, timely and effective delivery of digital content, optimized for search and audience engagement, partnering with Audiovisual Producers, social media leads, Web Editors and Digital Officers both at headquarters and in the regional communication centres and delegations.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor target audience reviews
- Oversee social media accounts design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures)
- Identifies and seizes reactive opportunities, contributing digital input to quick turn-around campaigns, working internally with Public Relations Officers and externally with media counterparts.
- Trains, guides and supports colleagues in managing and reporting on digital platforms and activities; advises and supports them in their ongoing activities.
- Supervises ad buys to ensure positioning of the ICRC on key contexts, themes and issues, coordinating with the digital marketing lead at headquarters.
Min Required Experience:
Education and Experience Required
- Experience in publishing and engaging using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Good eye for design and ability to source and do basic edits with images/video. Skilled computer user of web publishing (content management systems, including Drupal and/or WordPress) and design tools an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of digital performance metrics and website analytics. Understanding of content marketing is a must. Experience in web editing and familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO).
- Degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism, preferably with a digital background and specialization (managing websites, social media platforms, video projects, etc.).
- Familiarity with social ads management (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter).
- 5-7 years’ experience in digital communication/internal communication, and in event management an advantage.
- Customer-service mindset
- Passion for social media management
- Team player and ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision
- Availability to travel to the remote locations;
- Ability to multitask and deliver results on time, to a high standard and under pressure
Application Closing Date
12:00am; 18th February, 2019.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Social Media Manager ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Click Here to Apply Now
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
About International Committee Of The Red Cross (icrc)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian institution based in Geneva, Switzerland and a three-time Nobel Prize Laureate. State parties (signatories) to the four Geneva Con…Know More about International Committee Of The Red Cross (icrc)
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting