INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
Intersos, established in 1992, is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Worker
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Social worker is responsible to provide assistance to beneficiaries hosted in the reception centers and implement project related activities
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adhere to INTERSOS policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well Government rules and regulations.
- Under supervision of Reception Manager Officer, receive new arrivals and register them
- Conduct monitoring visits in Reception Center all in order to assess needs
- Conduct social mobilization and awareness session in Reception Center
- Conduct vulnerability screening of new arrivals at reception center
- Referral of vulnerable individuals to specialize services according to their needs
- Collaborate with other service providers at Reception Center
- Conduct FGD and actively participate
- Collecting data though given tools
- Coordinate with other INTERSOS staff of other projects such as CCCM
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree in Social Science or related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in humanitarian work
- Minimum 1 year of experience in CCCM/Protection (Desirable)
- Basic Knowledge of IDP context in Nigeria
- Basic knowledge of CCCM standards
- Experience is staff management
- Cultural sensitiveness
- Computer skills (KOBO)
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, powerpoint presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
- Excellent command of English and local languages (English, Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa)
Application Closing Date
12:00noon; 13th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (in PDF format) to: email@example.com and indicate as the subject, the position for which they apply (example: “Social Worker”). Please send your CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org