Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Assistant
Job ID: 1900008Q
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Under the direct supervision of the WASH Coordinator, the WASH Assistant is responsible to provide support to WASH team in compilation and documentation of evidence for WASH activities. The post holder will also support collection and management of primary and secondary data for the WASH sector.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and power point)
- Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in hardship areas
- Willingness to travel outside work stations
- Experience from working with water and sanitation projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Ability to write clear reports
- At least one year experiences in construction/rehabilitation of water point, latrines and hygiene promotion
- Work experience in Cross River State
- Hard working and self-motivated.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2019.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here